Sunday 10 March 2013

Mothering Sunday

Today is Mothering Sunday in the UK. This is a Christian day celebrated on the 4th Sunday in Lent, therefore this day changes every year, along with the time of Easter.  In the USA, Canada and several other countries, however, ‘Mother’s Day’ is celebrated on the 2nd Sunday of May due to a modernisation of the day.
This made me laugh!

Since my Mother is in the UK, I am celebrating today. Hopefully my Mum has received her card and flowers. Thankfully, due to the wonders of modern technology, it is very straight forward and easy to sort out, which is great as sometimes I can be slightly forgetful and disorganised. I do feel very bad that I cannot spend this day with my Mum. I haven’t been able to be with her for the past two Mother’s day and birthdays, therefore I would like to dedicate this blog post to my wonderful Mother as a way of hopefully making up for my absence.

Not only am I extremely grateful to have such a loving and brilliant Mother, she is also one of the most amazing and inspirational people I have ever met, and I am very lucky to have her in my life. She has always taught me to be a strong, independent woman and encouraged me to achieve anything I’ve wanted to. Anyone that knows my Mum will tell you that she is not only wise but full of funny stories, with an infectious personality to boot. How she managed to put up with myself and older brothers when we were younger, I don’t know, but I have the utmost respect for her.

Happy Mother’s Day Rona

My Mum and I at the Trevi Fountain in Rome

Taken when I was still a student!
Writing this blog has made me realise I need some nicer pictures of myself and my Mum lol, and has also got me emotional and nostalgic which doesn't happen a lot.

Have a lovely day Mum, and if I end up looking like you when I'm older, I'll be very happy lol :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment