Friday 23 November 2012

WHO are you!

The Who on their Quadrophenia tour rocked out Scotiabank Place in Ottawa this past Wednesday, and will be playing at the ACC tonight in Toronto. This got me reminiscing about my experience seeing The Who.


Roger Daltrey at Scotiabank Place on Wednesday, Nov. 21, 2012. Photograph by: Ashley Fraser, Ottawa Citizen


It was back in May of 2007 which usually is a nice time of the year in Britain but instead it was a grey, rainy, chilly evening. We were sat in a soccer stadium in the north of England in all I can say not the best of seats to view the stage. Although the conditions and location could have been A LOT better, the band, or the two surviving members, still managed to rock out to the best of their abilities.
Being a huge fan and having a Dad whose teenage years were shaped by The Who's music, getting to see them live myself has always been on my wish list and I am very happy that I have been able to cross that off.

The Who will undoubtedly always be considered one of the best rock n' roll bands of all time, and have and will continue to influence other and future bands. Even Limp Bizkit were impelled to cover their hit 'Behind Blue Eyes'


The only thing good about this cover is the beautiful Halle Berry in the video!

I will leave you with one of my favourite Who tracks. Enjoy!



 

 

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment