Thursday 29 November 2012

Too early for Christmas...it's still November!

On Tuesday Peterborough lit up it's lights for the Festival of Trees. With towns everywhere looking all sparkly and decorated, along with the falling snow, it's really starting to look A LOT like Christmas...however it's still November!!!

Festival of Trees

I love Christmas, it's my favourite time of the year but I refuse to buy into the festival spirit until December. I understand towns and cities putting up their Xmas decorations now but on my drive home from work I notice that practically ever house is lit up and all decked out in Christmas apparel. Jeez, even some radio stations have been playing Christmas songs since mid November. For me this is just too early. I understand the Canadian argument of putting up your outside decorations before the snow comes but you don't have to turn them on yet. I am glad to learn my Mum hasn't put her decorations up yet in the UK. Maybe we are a bit more superstitious about these things.
So I urge you to please keep Christmas for December...I'm waiting until the 1st on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment