Wednesday 12 December 2012

Burnt popcorn!

So yesterday I sat down to watch a cheesy Christmas movie, you know one of those made for TV ones, and thought to myself that a bowl of popcorn would be a great addition to the experience. I have a terrible track record with making popcorn however, I never can seem to get it right even when I follow the instructions. It is either too well done or I have loads of kernels still in the bag.
Since I was alone I had no other option but to try my best. I noticed the popcorn button on the microwave and thought to myself, 'surely this will work.' In went the bag and on went the microwave. A couple of minutes went by with the usual popcorn making sounds and the microwave beeped. I couldn't wait to have a yummy snack with my below average festive film. I opened the bag and what was inside...BURNT popcorn. Damn it...it happened again! Why, oh why!


I can't explain why my popcorn making skills are so bad...maybe it is my Britishness, after all back home we would just buy already made popcorn from the store.

I hope one day I will make the perfect bowl...here's wishing

No comments:

Post a Comment