Monday 31 December 2012

Kisses on the end of txts

One of the bizarre things I have noticed while being back home in the UK is that British people put kisses on the end of their txts whilst their Canadian counterparts do not. Has anyone else noticed this I wonder?
You may think this is a weird subject but I find it quite intriguing. Is their some sociological or psychological factor behind this?
If you are unsure what I am talking about altogether, let me explain. Whilst txting friends, family or even partners in the UK, most people always end the txt with a kiss in the form of an X or x. What I have found on this trip is that more people are putting several kisses (xxx) as a sign of loving endearment. With unlimited txt packages most people don't care how long their txt is so a few extra characters on the end of their message doesn't matter but what really do these kisses mean. I remember when I was a young teenager and you would see how many kisses or any at all a boy would put on his txt to you. For some reason we thought the presence of a kiss would symbolise that he liked us romantically.
Nevertheless, what I have found in Canada is that people in general don't put kisses on the end of their txt. Why I am not sure.

I now try and stop myself putting kisses on my txts whilst in Canada but sometimes it's just habit. Maybe us Brits are more liberal with our love and affection for each other, after all a kiss is free to give and the best things in life are free!


No comments:

Post a Comment